Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business problems that need to be solved by partnering directly with stakeholders
- Own analyses end to end from scoping to execution to delivery
- Build dashboards and reporting to track and measure the success of business initiatives
- Uncover insights that drive product and operational improvements through analysis of complex data sets
- Collaborate with data engineering to expose and build upon new data sources
- Proactively identify the most valuable problems for the Analytics team to solve
- Support the business with ad hoc reporting
- 3+ years of experience
- Expert level knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with at least one of the major BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Periscope)
- Familiar with modern data stack such as DBT, Snowflake, Looker etc.
- Demonstrated track record of project ownership and working in an autonomous environment
- Ability to communicate findings to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis; we believe in code review, version control, and solid documentation
- Ability to successfully prioritize the projects that will have the greatest business impact
- Familiarity with a scripting language is a plus, Python preferred
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.