Email Marketing Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a versatile and experienced email specialist to support us in our customer acquisition and content marketing campaigns. You’ll be a key driver on our CRM strategy for promotional campaigns, product marketing, new market launches and more. You’ll also help run a/b tests and optimizations towards existing campaigns, working with a talented team of designers and marketers to create and code new templates and creatives.
What you’ll do:
- Own our CRM strategy and execution for Starry’s new initiatives
- Drive excellence in creative and copy through thoughtful segmentation and testing
- Work with designers and copywriters to come up with and implement new content
- Manage and create new HTML templates, triggers and audiences
- Track performance using email and customer conversion KPIs, sharing reporting and insights to help us make better decisions over time
- Manage CRM marketing calendar, making updates and changes as needed and communicating them internally
- 3+ years of experience running email marketing and/or SMS marketing
- Familiarity with our email and data tools: Customer.Io, Sendgrid, Twilio, Looker and others
- Great communication skills: you can work autonomously as well as collaboratively across product, marketing, creative, engineering and sales
- Analytical, creative, and organized with strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and time management abilities
- Interest or past experience for working in a startup environment is a plus!
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.