Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
We are seeking an inspirational leader who will have a significant impact on our growth. The primary responsibility of the Sales Director is to develop and close B2B partnerships that lead to bottom line revenue growth in the market. This role involves leading an existing team of enterprise and business development representatives, collaborating with property management, property owners, and condo associations to bring Starry Internet into existing and pre-construction multifamily buildings.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales and business objectives
- Lead team of individual contributors to prospect building owners, property managers, and developers, understand their businesses, and work towards building meaningful long-term partnerships
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Directors of Marketing & TechOps on overall market strategy and execution, and across the organization to help drive Starry’s customer-first culture
- Review and communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales strategies focused on expanding and identifying areas of opportunity for your assigned team
- Build, develop, and manage sales team capable of delivering our sales and service initiatives
- Develop a strong analytical understanding of the key metrics that drive the business, and leverage these KPIs to performance manage a diverse group of Enterprise Account Executives and Field Sales Representatives
- Review and communicate the activity levels of the field sales teams to ensure the proper frequency of field coaching with sales representatives is occurring to maximize customer contact
- Provide market feedback on customer needs, evolving market trends, competitive insights, etc. to Starry leadership
- Inspire, motivate, and foster personal and career development of team members
- Expertise in a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of sales
- 5+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets at high performance organizations
- Excellent listening and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see the big picture while effectively managing detail
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.