2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our Production Supervisor will work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will lead the production line producing Starry designed products. You will drive production line efficiency, productivity, and report daily on WIP and blockers. You should be a good communicator and motivator. This is a second shift role, typically 3pm-11:30pm M-F. Alternating Saturdays should be considered on an as needed basis.
What you’ll do:
- Align production output plan with Planning, Supply Chain, and materials handling teams in order to ensure on time delivery of products
- Plan resource, tester, and fixture capacities for each product line to align with output plan
- Hire, train, schedule and motivate production team members
- Analyze fixture and tester utilization and efficiency to improve product output
- Plan maintenance schedule for production fixtures and testers to ensure minimal interruption to the line
- Tweak, improve, and refine processes to maximize throughput
- An AS or BS degree is a technical field or 10+ years in a related field
- A minimum of 5 years leading or managing a team
- Experience with complex electro-mechanical assembly and test
- Previously overseen complex electronics products from NPI to volume production for >5k units monthly
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware integration and testing
- Experience with RF or mmwave products
- Lean manufacturing certification
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.