Vice President of Investor Relations
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The Investor Relations officer will execute a broad range of investor relations and corporate communications activities to communicate our compelling story to investors and research analysts and manage these relationships on an ongoing basis. Reporting to Starry's Chief Financial Officer, you will interact with the senior leadership team, investors, and shareholders in support of investor relations activities. We are able to entertain remote candidates for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Build and support the execution of a long-term investor relations plan
- Manage the operational execution of quarterly earnings conference call, including the collaborative drafting of our financial press release, investor Q&A, and follow up with research analysts and investors
- Assist with researching and scheduling investor relations events, including non-deal roadshows, analyst events, and webcasts
- Execute creation of corporate investor deck in collaboration with senior management and board
- Assist in outreach to target investors, analysts, and financial journalists
- Monitor inbound shareholder/investor/journalist inquiries; respond to meeting and information requests as appropriate
- Work closely with the communications and PR team to ensure consistent and timely messaging of important news
- Review and track analyst's consensus estimates; understand and review analysts’ financial models, including pre- and post-quarter reviews
- Monitor changes in stock ownership on a quarterly basis and provide reporting to senior management
- Understand and monitor industry trends and communicate findings to senior management
- Proactively pursue and enable additional research coverage from the sell-side
- Assist with the development of management content for annual shareholders letter and annual/quarterly SEC filings
- Partner with legal department to organize annual meetings of shareholders, including venue and materials, as required
- Other IR tasks as assigned and typical of the role
- Strong IR experience with a publicly listed company and/or sell side or buy side experience in cable/telecom/media preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communications and presentation skills (strong skills in PowerPoint)
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across departments and communicate with senior leadership; collect information and translate into finished work product
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail in work product in a deadline-driven environment
- High integrity and accountability; ability to manage and handle confidential information
- Ability to re-factor priorities as business needs change
- High learning agility and interest in becoming part of a dynamic team within a successful, rapidly growing business
- Ability to guide and enable strong investor communications through good relationship with investors
- 6-10 years of experience in IR on sell side or buy side
- Experience in telecom/cable industry preferred but not required
- Experience with building out an IR function for a newly listed security preferred but not required
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.