Manager, Test Engineering
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our Manager, Test Engineering will work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of production support for all aspects of production: new product introduction, production tester development , yield enhancement, production fixtures and processes. You should be a subject matter expert in mfg processes or test development. You will lead a multidisciplinary team with functions such as test development/automation, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering and quality. This is a hands-on technical leadership position.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the design teams during design and design verification phases. Review schematics and layout of PCB designs. Make recommendations for DFT, DFM and DFA
- Support a global manufacturing and integration footprint in-house and with contract manufacturing partners
- Own all production yield and remediation through test enhancements, design change recommendations, or process improvements by analyzing manufacturing test data
- Support debug of PCBAs, modules or system failures in manufacturing, and create debug playbooks for production debug teams
- Analyze field return data, support RMA repair, and drive product design improvements
- A BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or another related technical degree
- A minimum of 5 years leading or managing a technical team
- Previously overseen complex electronics products from NPI to volume production for >10k units monthly
- The capability to design and document overall test strategies or test systems for system, subsystem, and component level testing
- The skills to apply statistics and design of experiment techniques to solve real world issues
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware integration and testing
- Experience releasing a new product from NPI phase to mass production with a Tier 1 EMS
- Six Sigma Black Belt
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.